Friday, September 17, 2010

Mongrel standards in university of Karachi ...

By Fahad Ullah Dar.

Woh jo Bantay they Dawa-e-dil, Gham ki dukan saja gaye....

Beginning with such a big name University of Karachi having more than 23,000 regular students enrolled in different courses but still with this huge population we are still unable to sort out our minor issue’s and we have to roam around the political students and entreating them to get our work done, am still unable to find the answer; are we vilest or they are superior? This question will be always unsolvable and its like the unknown assassinator who kills but the government is always unable to find like we are always unable to find the answers of our questions from the authorities.

Lets start from the morning; entering in university. I go to university by a Taxi everyday in the morning and the path to enter is the Maskan gate which is nearer  to my Mass communication department but after moving a bit from the gate there is a big check post located where you will find the security personels and the government security too (Rangers) for the security purpose and everyone has to stop here except the few who are my question marks; who are they and why aren’t they been stopped? But as always “bhae humein kya pata , yeh hamara kaam nahin aap unse aur phir woh kahein gay unse” and the mystery will remain the same , lets go back to the check post again and on the first day I was too stopped for no reason I was looking good like a gentlemen and quite presentable but still I was stopped and I saw people going in without being stopped and what they were doing was that they just slow down the speed say hello, hi , salaam and then bhuummm bhuumm shooooo , but in last due to my polite way begging him ‘let me enter in’, made my taxi go in and I think the Pathan security wala allowed me for another reason too :p

Well jokes apart, it’s not just the morning issues that instigate me to write on this issue though I know am not going to make a big difference but to myself at least I will, because my soul will not be in peace with out asking, why didn’t I? instead of knowing that this is somehow wrong. I don’t blame the people here but the authorities for it who made us think that we are vilest but somehow a few of the students too are responsible because they want a shortcut for everything and for that they use these political students and from here all this starts.

If the university authorities were good at management without being bias , the system would have been more better, having low ratio of complains but the issues don’t stop here and the list is getting bigger and bigger day by day.

1 comment: